How To Update Garmin Nuvi?
Garmin Nuvi is an exceptionally robust and dependable series of laser-sharp portable GPS Navigation Devices. These state-of-the-art Sat-Nav Gadgets are powered by cutting-edge, avant-garde technology. Besides that, it is also packed with intuitive, user-centric features that are designed to enhance the overall experience. For instance, Turn-by-turn Directions, Emergency Locator, Garmin Lock, EcoRoute, Enhanced Interface etc.
Detailed Steps To Update Garmin Nuvi
Updating Garmin Nuvi is of utmost importance to ensure its accuracy and reliability. The process is simple for its existing users wherein they simply need to hook up the Device to their Computer. Thereafter, launch the pre-installed Garmin Express. This application will facilitate the process with a single click of the mouse.
However, in case of first-time users, it is essential to go through a few additional steps. For this, all you have to do is follow the given steps with complete accuracy.
Procedure To Install Garmin Express
- First and foremost, begin by opening an available Internet Browser on your Computer. For example, Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Mozilla etc.
- Now, get access of its official website i.e. “garmin.com/express”.
- This will lead you to the required webpage which will facilitate the Garmin Nuvi Update process. This webpage will display the link downloading the Setup Files for Garmin Express. In other words, look for the “Download For Windows” and “Download For Mac” tabs. It gives you two distinct downloading links to get the software in accordance with your Computer’s OS. Hence, click on the appropriate tab.
- With this, the downloading process will begin which will take some time. As such, wait till the process completes.
- Once the process completes, open the Setup File by double-clicking on it.
- Thereafter, click on “Run” when you get the Security Warning pop-up box.
- On the following “User Account Control” window, click “Yes”.
- After that, click on the “Terms and Conditions” link. Then, review its terms attentively for Garmin Nuvi Update.
- Subsequently, click on the “Install” button to start the Installation process.
- Finally, Restart your System once the Installation process completes.
Procedure To Hook Garmin Nuvi with your Computer
- In the very first place, bring out the GPS Device hooked to your automobile.
- Proceed further by turning On the Device. Make sure that it is fully charged. If required, hook it to a stable Power Source.
- Now, use a mini USB Cable to connect it to your Computer. In short, plug in one end of this cable to the Computer and other end to your Garmin Device. It is also important to ensure that this System must be the same where you have Installed Garmin Express.
- Next, you will find a scrolling Progress Bar. Hence, wait for it.
- Thereafter, bring up Garmin Express.
- Click “Get Started”.
- After that, it requires you to access your Garmin Account. Hence, “Log In” to it. But, if you don’t have an Account. Then, first create a new Account. Thereafter, “Sign In” to it.
- Subsequently, click on “Add A Device”.
- As a result, it will detect your Garmin Device.
- The following window displays the Garmin Nuvi icon. Besides it, you will find the “Add Device” button. Hence, click on it.
- Thereafter, you must follow on-screen instructions to complete the connection process.
- Along with that, it will also guide you through the Product Registration process.
Procedure To Update Garmin Nuvi
Once you launch Garmin Express and connect Garmin Nuvi to it. Then, the software will automatically search for available updates. In other words, you will get a list of all the updates available for your GPS Device. In order to complete the process, click on “Install All”. Besides that, you can also Install the updates separately one-by-one. For this, select “View Details”. Thereafter, choose the specific update to install. Then, click on the respective “Install” tab. With this, the Installation process will start. Hence, wait for it. Subsequently, you will get the “it is safe to remove the device” message. After that, disconnect the Garmin Nuvi Device.